1.18.2017

Storybook Favorites


My first impressions of this storybook. A nice satirical view of Christmas icons after their time of the year. The title pulled me in, but the intro made me stay. The intro discusses a concept that few wonder. What do our holiday icons do after Christmas? The author explains that through the year our characters suffer from a made up disorder referred to as “post Christmas stress disorder.” However, I dock points because some of the photos no longer load. The layout is different with each page, which helps keep things fresh. The flow could use some work. I feel it would be better to start with the least known character and build up to Big Boss Nick. I’d say 8/10.
Man of the Hour
Photo taken from Dr. Yule-Tide

Right off the bat, all pictures load. It's going strong, until I try the navigating the story. A linear story like this should have a column of links rather than the two rows. The intro sounds like it’s being typed by a high school girl, but what teenage girl would type this story rather than tweet it? Ugh. I appreciate the texts, snapchats, and Facebook posts in each section. I feel for Alice’s lack of the LTE network. It must be rough down there. The story feels way rushed, and the picture captions aren’t very creative. Overall, 6/10.

First picture, and I’m in. The Monkey King is a phenomenal mythological figure who has a very cool kung-fu movie with Jackie Chan called The Forbidden Kingdom.

Mischief maker supreme
(Photo taken from Review By Bethany)


Regrettably, there aren’t enough photos to break up the huge text walls. Just like this post. The intro is very small, and I feel doesn’t really explain what is about to happen on the next line of text. Thankfully, the story is very linear and in chapters exactly as you’d expect. Putting my bias aside, 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment